Dr. Fantastic, M.D.

The thoughts, ramblings, philosophies, writings, ideas, presumptions, concoctions, conjurations, conjugations and congregations of one Joel Petrie.

Monologue Week! Monologue #5

I'm thinking of extending monologue week- because what with Nosferatu and work keeping me busy I haven't had a lot of time to write all the monologues I'd like... as for right now- here is a Shakespeareanesque monologue I wrote last night for my gooood friend Margaret Huntington...

She has this way of getting me to write things that are silly (i.e. I wrote her a Dr. Seuss story about her) and last night she was going off about Shakespeare... and I just spouted out this monologue- (ask me some time to break it down for you) enjoy...

MATTER AT HAND
by: Shakespeara- Joel Petrie

HECTOR: I must not believe in my eyes;
For all that is true has been falsely
Presented here in ten or twelve fold.
Perhaps, sweet Marg'ret- you doth love too much,
Or mayhap I do not love at all.
For the wind and the sun and all the natural element
Will unfold before us creating cover
From underneath god's curtain known as sky.
Our backs cold from the greenery and weed,
Our stomach's warm from sack cloth and inspired works.
As the both of us stare forever into
The back lit canopy of stars; The
Few words I'd utter unto you would
Be so frivolous and full of
Uselessness that i may as well speak into
The sheepskin jerkin I wear round my neck.

Sweet, sweet Margaret
You have unwound me


Followers