Dr. Fantastic, M.D.

The thoughts, ramblings, philosophies, writings, ideas, presumptions, concoctions, conjurations, conjugations and congregations of one Joel Petrie.

Monologue Week! Monologue #1

So, I'm on a monologue writing kick for the time being- so, starting today- I'm going to be posting monologue's I am writing...

This first one I wrote while at IHOP- don't know where it came from. I just wanted to explore a little into a person's psyche- to me its much more scary to not know why someone is doing something than it is to see what it is they are doing. (a slasher film will usually lose me the moment they explain why the killer is killing- I'm guessing they tell us to make us feel more at ease about what just happened)

Anyway- it might just be my inner villain coming out... or maybe... my inner hero... something to think about.

VIGILANT
by: Joel Petrie

GREGORY: What do you think it is? What motivates me? Money? Girls? Maybe a childhood tragedy- "Uncle Gerald and I played doctor and now I'm so messed around upstairs I can't control my actions..." Maybe I'm lashing out at society for all the shit she gave me! Oh- that's the second time I mentioned the opposite sex! It must be that- broken heart, picked on by the girls, unloved, jealous a manic depressive who's up shit's creek without a paddle and begging for MORE! AAH! aah...It doesn't matter what I say though- you'll draw your conclusions, if you haven't already- you NEED the answer. You need to understand so as not to end up like me. Except- I know precisely why I do what I do. Listen- before you go- I want to present you with one more inquiry... What exactly is it that I do? If you can explain that to me... I'll tell you why.

Followers